Scott's Studio

For serious students of the classical guitar please visit www.scottkritzer.com
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:29 pm 

Online work.....

Let me outline what' available online:
    1. Private Lessons - Here we'll cover repertoire, technique and not necessarily Phase work directly.

2. Interactive Phase Work - This is the most effective way to work through the Phases. Instead of setting up, shooting, uploading and sending your videos we simply meet bi-weekly where I not only review your work but I'll give you the next installment with demonstrations. This will keep you moving through the Phase work at the most efficient pace.

3. Phase Reviews - For people who want to review a Phase, beginning in July, each month I'll review a Phase. You want to check your arpeggios, alternation, or one of the secondary skills learned in Phase II, or Phase III, or just want to see what the next Phase will look like? Phase reviews will do all that.

4. Workshops (coming soon) - Group workshops provide a certain interactiveness that encourages learning.

I'm going to be opening up some times for Private Lessons and Interactive Phase Work. If you're interested please contact me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:50 pm 

I just had my second video teleconference E-lesson. I got to see and say Hi to Mike Hurley who was online with Scott at the start of my lesson; kind of like passing his students in the hall at his studio! I'm still amazed at how effective this method of lessons is. I do have some detailed tone and hand position issues that I am saving up for an in-person lesson at CGI. But for most technique issues, Scott has been able to spot what I am doing wrong and correct it over this combination of phone and video conference. This most recent lesson we concentrated on repertoire and phrasing issues. I am working on three peices that are on Scott's most recent CD so I am benefiting from the very specific thinking he has done recently about these works. Scott made updates to my lesson log which he sent back to me right after the lesson. The next time we are going to try having the lesson log on my computer with Scott updating it by my giving him remote access to my desktop.

While I have not completely stopped taking local lessons, I now feel that I could. I have swiched my local lessons to every other week.
Tom

Last edited by tom on Mon May 26, 2008 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:37 am 

I'll be having my second teleconference lesson a little later today. I really appreciate the new interactive format, as Scott was able to see and make adjustments for me immediately. I was better able to see what he was doing during the exercises, because he could adjust the angle of viewing as I needed it. It's also nice to receive my feedback and amended journal so quickly.

Another plus, is that it drives me to practice on a regular schedule (no slacking) to be prepared for the next session. And, I'm not stressing over when I'll have time to video my practice for sending to him. Phase I for me took a long time, for a few reasons - one of which was finding the time to do the video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm 

Tameca, this is such good news to hear that this technology is working well for you. I really cannot wait to meet you!! Just think it is less than a month away before we will be seeing and hearing one another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:38 pm 

Yeah, I'm pretty excited, too. Can't believe I haven't been called out this time <frantically knocking on wood>.

I will see you soon! Woot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:27 am 

Just a question.. Is it possible to record the lesson in this format? One thing I appreciate about the old method is the ability to watch the old videos again. There are always lots of things I missed the first time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:31 am 

Staffan,

The best way is to simply set up a video camera and record your computer screen. I know this sounds archaic but it actually works.

Scott

Post subject: online eLesson
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:04 pm 

I just had my first online lesson with Scott today. It went very well. This seems like a very useful format for his "distance learning" students.

And...
Scott got a haircut! (since the last time I saw him.)

Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:13 pm 

Teresa takes me to a Korean barber - they talk, I sit...and get what I get.
hahaha