Scott's Studio

For serious students of the classical guitar please visit www.scottkritzer.com
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CGI '15 Review
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:56 am 

What a great CGI! You all came well prepared, worked hard all week and raised your playing to new levels. And, best of all, you all played your best in the concert!

CGI is a unique learning experience; an intense performance training amongst a handful of guitarists who have become friends. The camaraderie helps the bumps and bruises that come from the hard work of performance preparation...the walks and views don't hurt either.

Personally I like that I get to work with each of you a number of times in a day, (master classes, ensemble rehearsals and chats around the table). I also like that CGI is shaped by your needs and suggestions. Our best addition this year was having a little time at the end of each night for performances.

I also like that while you only need to prepare 2 pieces for our public concert more rep is required for the following day's private performances.

The struggles, hard work and pressure are made so much easier when interspersed with hilarious life stories, jokes and pranks - all creating a bond that makes me look forward to this event all year round!

Post subject: Re: CGI '15 Review
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:51 am 

It was just a wonderful week of classical guitar music, in a beautiful and peaceful atmosphere of Menucha. Best of all, I shared it with a very supportive, kind and funny group of people :) Thank you Scott so much for your encouragement and wisdom. I'm inspired! Yen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:08 pm 

Thanks Yen, you played great; sweet tone, clean, precise and so musical!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:47 am 

Absolutely a great CGI. Scott, you see most of these guitarlings often during the year, and I get the pleasure of just once a year. It is such fun!

For next year, remind us to bring copies of our 'extra' music, the pieces we play after the concert. It would help to make notes on them for the future. Your suggestion of having a guest attend, perhaps the day after the concert, could be a nice addition. Could be a luthier with lots of new guitars, or . . . . . ?

Since I'm just beginning your technique, I liked that you video'd our hands doing the exercises. That will be very helpful to me as I start this process.

Again, thanks, Scott, for another inspiring and educational CGI!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:19 am 

Thanks Sue. Good suggestion. I'll be shooting the practice-along videos for the entire technique practice within a week or two.

Hey you can always come up! There's often a concert to attend up here.

Next year we'll invite a luthier, yes.

Scott